1. Wild animals have no place in the 21st century, and the protection is a waste of resource. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think killing animals for food is cruel and unnecessary and some people think it is essential for daily diet. What do you think about the both issues?
3. In Western countries, people spend a lot of money on their pets. Some people think this is a waste of money, and argue that pets are dirty and dangerous. Do you agree or disagree?
4. We are now living in a throw-away society. What causes the problem? Make some recommen-dations.
5. Traffic is a very serious problem. The pedestrians and bicycle riders are more and more dan¬gerous. Many gardens become sacrifices to highways. What are the best ways to make the citi¬zens satisfied?
6. Nowadays environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual persons or individual countries. In other words, it is an international problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Internet when used as a source of information has more drawbacks than advantages. To what extent do you agree with this statement.
2. Computers do not help children to learn more effectively. In addition, their usage has a nega¬tive effect on both the physical and mental development of young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. With increasingly sophisticated computer technology, do people still need to learn foreign languages?
4. Please state the advantages and disadvantages of the development of private cars.
1. Advertising is all around us, it is an unavoidable part of everyone’s life. Some people say that advertising is a positive part of our lives while others say it is negative. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
2. How does modern mass media such as movies or television influence people s behavior?
3. Some programs on TV are full of violence. This is having quite some negative influences on individuals and even on society. How far do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give your reasons.
1. Some people enjoy change, and they look forward to new experiences. Others like their lives to stay the same』 and they do not change their usual habits. Compare these two approaches to life Which approach do you prefer? Explain why.
1. Some people think that students who don』t take a break in studies between a high school and a university are at disadvantage compared to students that travel and work after high school before furthering their education. Do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think young children can have better education in a boarding school far from home, while others claim that a day school or the home is a better one. What's your opinion? Give your reasons.
1. Some people said the government should not put money on building theatres and sports sta¬diums, and they should spend more money on medical care and education. Do you agree or disagree?
2. A government s role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure (roads, wa¬ter supplies, etc.). All other services (education, health, social security) should be provided by private groups or individuals in the community. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?